Latest Stories

♡ Kami 7 Series ♡ Overrated Anime that I love

お早う! 
(That means "Hello" or "Ohayo") 
As you can see, I'm taking this moment to be the trashy weeb that I am! HAHA! 


It's been a while since my last Kami7 post, so I'm back with another one, and it's ANIME THEMED! For some reason, my last Anime themed Kami 7 series post got really popular, and it's still one of my top posts! A lot of people requested another one, so here we are! 

For my new readers, the Kami 7 series is a series of posts where I rank my top 7 (Kami 7 meaning "Top 7" or "God 7", something which is mainly used by Wota for the 48 group AKB48.) of various things, whether its Anime, Games, Films, Makeup, TV Shows, you name it! 


This will be based on the Top 7 OVERRATED Anime that I just so happen to love! 



Before we start, I want to point out that by me saying 'Overrated Anime' I basically mean, "Anime that people shit on for being rated more highly than it's actual value due to the immense hype it's gotten", so for example, some people will say Naruto or Bleach are extremely overrated yet not amazing anime at all (and I can agree on that with Bleach, but I happen to like Naruto lol). I'm going to be ranking my favorite anime that are classed as Overrated, 1 being the highest.
*Everything written from this point on is my own opinion. Plot Summary's, Descriptions and Photo's have been taken from MyAnimelist and Google, Ratings are my own.

So let's get started!! 



7. Guilty Crown

Guilty Crown
Plot Summary: 2039 in Tokyo, Japan has been under the control of the multinational organization called GHQ after an Apocalyptic Virus named Lost Christmas broke out a decade prior. Ouma Shu is a 17-year-old boy who mistakenly obtains a rare and great power called "The Right Hand of the King," to extract "voids," tools/weapons that are the manifestations of peoples' hearts, and finds himself stuck into the rebels "Funeral Parlor" who seeks to restore the self-government in Japan by destroying GHQ.

Genre: Action, Drama, Sci-Fi, Shounen, Super Power
Episodes: 22 (24 mins each)
Age Permission:  R - 17+ (violence & profanity)
Story Line & Characters: 6/10
Soundtrack & Animation: 9.5/10
Overall Rating: 7.5/10
Ahh Guilty Crown. Now, this anime isn't as hyped as it once was, but back when this came out, It was hyped up to the moon and back, literally everyone who watched anime would have heard of GC and probably would have given it a low rating haha. This anime makes it into my top 7 because despite the backlash during it's time, I personally, thought it delivered a great story line, had good characters, and an outstanding soundtrack + graphics. 

The anime starts of slow with little to no character development, but the story is quite steady. As the anime goes on the characters gain a sense of personality and the story starts to make a little more sense.. sort of. For me the characters are the weakest part of the series, but the animation and soundtrack make up for it. The story is great if you're looking for a generic Shounen series where the good guys struggle then somehow save the day with a dash of explosions and a hint of romance. 



6. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu // The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Plot Summary: Your normal human named Kyon narrates his experience with a girl named Suzumiya Haruhi, a girl who loves all things unnatural, after he unintentionally inspires her to create the SOS Brigade, a club which specializes in all that is the supernatural. The Episodic series revolves around Haruhi's adventures with her new found friends on their quest to discover all things unnatural. Lots of plot twists ensue.

Genre:  Comedy, Mystery, Parody, School, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life

Episodes: 14 (23 mins each)
Age Permission: PG-13 (Teens 13 or older)
Storyline & Characters: 7/10
Soundtrack & Animation: (for it's time) 8/10
Overall rating: 7.5/10



Now this is an anime that I love to bits. This is the anime of all anime, it's on the same leagues as Naruto and Death note for me as the first few anime that I watched while knowing it was classified as Anime (Since I never knew Tokyo Mew Mew, Sailor Moon, Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z were anime back when I was younger lol). 
There isn't much to say about this anime that people don't already know. The majority of the anime is Slice of Life which turns more into Sci-Fi as the episodes progress. The characters are quite simple except from the main girl Haruhi herself. She's a very curious girl and that tends to cause random situations that Kyon has to save the group from.
 I usually watch this anime during the winter or when I've caught a cold/flu lmao because it doesn't really take much brain power to watch. You don't need to think too much about the anime's plot to enjoy it which is great for anime watchers than can't be bothered to analyse each episode! 

5. Shingeki No Kyojin // Attack on Titan

Shingeki no Kyojin
Plot Summary: Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by titans. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of titans.Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a titan in over 100 years. After Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific, Eren vows that he will murder every single titan and take revenge for all of mankind.


Genre: Action, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen, Super Power

Episodes: 25 (24 mins each)
Age Permission: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)
Storyline & Characters: 9/10
Soundtrack & Animation: 8/10
Overall rating: 9/10


Ahh, how could this be left off this list. 
It's the definition of All time Overrated Anime. As with Suzumiya Haruhi, there isn't much else I can say about this anime that everyone doesn't already know. It's an anime where the Opening theme alone will draw you into the series. Truth be told, when I heard about this anime I thought it was going to be based in Greece or Cyprus due to there being Titan's and all (BOY WAS I WRONG LOL), so I was surprised when I saw naked people destroying humanity lol. 
I won't lie, there are a few flaws in the Animation style at times when they want to save the best animation for last, and there are times where a Character's personality has a complete 180 for no logical reason which kind of irked me a little while watching it, but for the most part, I loved this anime. Everything about it is good in my honest opinion, and the good things in the anime erase the bad in my eyes. This is one of the shows where they stayed true to the Manga (/spoilers/ expect from the last episode /spoilers/). If you like watching your favorite characters die then this is the Anime for you!!


4. No Game No Life


No Game No LifePlot Summary: The story of No Game, No Life centers around Sora and Shiro, a brother and sister with reputations as brilliant NEET hikikomori gamers that consider the real world as just another "crappy game." One day, they are summoned by a boy named "God" to an alternate world where "everything is decided by games"—even national borders. Will the good-for-nothing brother and sister, become the "Saviors of Humanity" on this alternate world? "Well, let's start playing."


Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Game, Supernatural

Episodes: 12 (23 mins each)
Age Permission: PG-13 (Teens 13 or older)
Storyline & Characters: 9/10
Soundtrack & Animation: 7/10 
Overall rating: 8/10

THIS ANIME OMG!! I'm not going to lie, the name of the anime alone drew me to this series. I love games and I love anime, so seeing an anime ABOUT games? Gee, this was bliss. Shiro and Sora are two perverted geniuses who can do literally anything if it includes a game of some sort, and I don't know, I just really dig that. I love how blunt and straight to the point these siblings are, at some points in the anime they're literally like "well we fucked up, now lets fix it" then proceed to solve the situation. I just really enjoyed their Characters as a whole. The story line was great but I feel like they could have done a lot more for it if they had more episodes, which is why I really hope that they release a season 2. 
The soundtrack isn't anything special, but the opening song is INSANE! Even till this day, I have it on loop. It's just such an ear worm, and I can't spot listening to remix's of this song too! Gamers who like to watch anime from time to time will enjoy this anime!


3. Sword Art Online // Gun Gale Online

Sword Art Online
Plot Summary: In the near future, a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game called Sword Art Online has been released where players can control their avatars through brain waves using technology called "NerveGear." When players enter the game, they discover they cannot log out, as the game creator is holding them captive. To escape, players must beat the game by defeating each boss on all 100 floors; however, if they die in the game, they die in real life too. Their struggle for survival starts now...
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Romance
Episodes: 25 (23 mins each)
Age Permission: PG-13 (Teens 13 or older)
Storyline & Characters: 8/10
Soundtrack & Animation: 9.5/10
Overall rating: 9/10

This was obviously going to be on my list since it's in my top 10 favorite anime of all time. The first episode sucked me in too deep to find my way out of this anime's grasp! ^^; Honestly, the second season is a lot better than the first, but I still have fond memories of loving the original SAO. The amount of action scenes are equally balanced with heart warming romance scenes (despite Kirito's unknown Harem formation lol), and there are many moments when you're filled with suspense. I remember when watching this anime, I would go from being extremely happy to really angry to shocked and relieved just by watching one scene! 
SAO probably has some of the best graphics of its time, and GGO improved its graphics too! It's the type of anime that draws you in from the visuals alone. Anime lovers who are picky with how well done the Animation is will enjoy watching this one, you won't be disappointed! 

2. Sailor Moon series

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
Plot Summary: Tsukino Usagi is a 14-year-old girl in junior high. She's ditzy, whiny, and a crybaby. She often flunks her tests, and she is always scolded by her family. However after a bad day, Usagi is surprised to encounter a black cat that can talk! The cat, Luna, grants Usagi the power to transform into Sailor Moon, a fighter who is to save the world against the Dark Kingdom and its evil ruler, Queen Beryl. Of course, Usagi can't do it alone, and there are others who will help her on the way...

Genre: Demons, Magic, Romance, Shoujo

Episodes: 46 (Bishoujo) / 26 (Crystal) (23 mins each)
Age Permission: PG-13 (Teens 13 or older)
Storyline & Characters: 6/10
Soundtrack & Animation: 9.5/10
Overall rating: 8/10
 IN THE NAME OF THE MOON, I'LL PUNISH YOU~! 

This is an anime that has sprung up in popularity after decades since it's first release. I don't know why, maybe it's because people have seen how awesome magical girls can be (which is why this blog is so amazing amiright?!), but this anime still has the same amount of love shown towards it as it did back when I was a child, and it's become the "must watch" magical girl anime. Usagi is a girl who many of us can relate to, she whines, sleeps a lot and only does things when she actually wants to do it. I don't know about you guys, but she is a role model for me. A lot of the characters are actually. 
This anime has lots of characters that teach you general life lessons that I think a lot of people out there need reminding of once in a while. I tend to watch this at night, since it's a good "bedtime" anime to watch with a cup of tea and biscuits (or is that too British of me?)!! Despite the plot being one of the most typical Mahou Shoujo story lines to ever exist, this anime is really enjoyable, whether it's the original you're watching or the Crystal remake, If you love Magical Girl anime than this is the one for you! 
Also, It's Usagi and Chibi Usa's birthday today (30th June)!! 


Before we get onto the 1st place anime (although it may be obvious to my general readers who grabbed first), I want to give a few shout outs to my Honorable mentions.
 These are the Anime that almost made it to the Kami 7 list! 

Lucky☆Star Owari no Seraph Ouran Koukou Host Club Free! Naruto Kill la Kill Kuroko no Basket
Lucky Star - Owari no Seraph - Ouran High School Host Club - Free!
Naruto - Kill la Kill - Kuroko no Basket



1.Tokyo Ghoul / Tokyo Ghoul √A

Tokyo Ghoul
Plot Summary: The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious "ghouls" who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.

Genre:  Action, Mystery, Drama, Horror, Supernatural, Psychological, Seinen
Episodes: 12 (Tokyo Ghoul) / 12 (Tokyo Ghoul √A) (24 mins each)
Age Permission: PG-13 (Teens 13 or older)
Storyline & Characters: 8/10
Soundtrack & Animation: 9.5/10

 Overall rating: 9/10

Was this a little obvious? To my twitter readers it probably was, since I'm usually ranting about how "KANEKI AND HIDE DID NOTHING WRONG" (I'm guilty). 
Tokyo Ghoul √AThis is an anime that has been hyped up to the moon and back, almost on par with SNK, and unlike snk, I can generally agree with why it is hyped up so much. I'm not usually a fan of anime like this, but damn did this one blow me away. We have a young boy who lands a hot girl and then BAM!! All hell breaks loose and he find himself unraveled (heh) into a whole new world and has to adjust to the situation. Honestly, the first quote by the main character is " If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy." and I'll tell you now they're not wrong. There were parts where I would be shouting at the screen because of just how cruel it was. Not good for the light hearted. 
The animation is spot on. As with most anime, Tokyo Ghoul does "save the quality" for the most important parts of each episode, but when those parts show up BOY do they deliver! The soundtrack is amazing. I can't say much more than that honestly. It's just so great, easily one of the best soundtracks out there. I also love the way they portray each character. Characters stricken with despair actually look like they've lost something. Depending on their circumstances each character (except one until the end of TG√A ~ooooh spoiler~) has a sense of humanity and you can see the life in them get taken away the moment something happens. I would go on and on about how awesome this anime is, but I think it's better if you gave it a go yourself!! 
This anime is good for people who love a kick ass Opening theme song and soundtrack, great character development, nice graphics, and a story line that sucks you in.
       
Annndddd that's all! I really hope you enjoyed reading this Kami 7 list, I had a lot of fun writing this up! This was a hell of a long post so congratulations if you finished it all with a smile on your face and shaky fingers!! 
What anime do you think is Overrated but you still love anyway? Send me a message in the comments section or hit me up on Twitter! 


Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)