Latest Stories

Spring Anime 2017 Recommendations!


Ha-low! How are you all doing today? I hope you all had a good Easter break! 
Today's post is going to be all about Spring Anime 2017! At the start of April, the Spring season of 2017 anime kicked off with none other than the 1st episode of Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2, which has brought the hype for this season up tenfold.
To be honest, the winter season didn't really impress me, and other than Ao no Exorsict's second season and Kobayashi-chan, I wasn't too interested in what the winter season had to offer. I guess that might be because I wasn't really paying attention though.. welp. I'm really looking forward to what this season has to offer! I'll be giving my recommendations on anime from this season that you should check out. If you read my twitter you may know that I've already started watching some of the anime I'll be mentioning in this post, as the first few episodes have already come out. I hope you guys enjoy reading this post!

imageimageimage

Image result for boruto next generation
Boruto: Naruto Next Generation
BORUTO -NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS-
Kicking it off with a very anticipated anime, it's -Naruto Next Generation-, where his son, Boruto Uzumaki, and his friends star as the main protagonists of the show. The new generation of kids are super cool, and while they do show similar personalities to the main cast of Naruto (which is understandable since they're Konoha 12's kids lol), they are all their own person, so you don't really get the feeling that the show is leeching off the success of Naruto. If you want to watch this just to see the old cast as adults and parents, then you're in luck since a lot of them show up from time to time, but the main show is about the kids, so don't expect for them all to be there a lot. Especially Naruto, they make a emphasis on the fact that he rarely appears in Boruto's life due to his duties as Hokage. Just by watching the first two episodes, I can already tell that they have taken the best bits from the original Naruto series and amplified them to 100! That's a great thing though, since Shippuden was when Naruto (the anime) started to lead up to the war, so most of the episodes, that weren't filler arcs, are pretty bleak or action heavy. The original series is where all the fun is at, so i'm glad that Boruto (again, the anime) has the same kind of atmosphere. 

Image result for clockwork planet anime
Clockwork Planet 
クロックワーク・プラネット
This anime is something that I decided to watch on a whim simply because I was eating dinner and needed a something to watch lol. I'm glad I watched it though because it seems quite interesting! Looking at the synopsis on Crunchyroll and MyAnimeList, it doesn't give you much of a description of what the show is about. I would say, in short, it's about a guy who likes clocks, and just so happens to live on a planet created by clockwork gears. At first I thought this would be a typical case of "Beautiful intelligent 1000 year old robot girl with juicy boobs falls from the sky, lands in kids house, and names him their master. Annoying flat chested blondie and her pervert sidekick features.", but it really wasn't the case! Well, it was lol, i'm not gonna lie. It reminded me of Sora no Otoshimono and Date A live, both of which could have that exact same description. Despite that, the first and second episodes impressed me! The graphics are top tier, if that's what you're into, and the soundtrack is fire!! (fiyah fiyah╰(*´︶`*)╯lol) Seriously, fripSide does the opening for this one! The character and story line so far seems interesting too, so I recommend you giving this one a go~

Image result for Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel Break
Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel
ツインエンジェルBREAK
Ahh, the token magical girl anime of the season. We always need one lol. I don't really have much to say about this one other than "it's a magical girl anime", because like most mahou shoujo anime, the real action doesn't start until the last few episodes, if it even does start. Nonetheless, I'm liking this one so far. It's been a while since I've watched a magical girl show that hasn't gone down the road of either killing the other magical girls or putting them through unbearable pain but not allowing them to die. heh. Hopefully I won't be eating my words a few episodes from now, but as of this point, it's your typical mahou shoujo show with lots of cute "battles" and school girl scenes, so if you like your magical girl anime to be on the more traditional side, I recommend this one. 

Related image
Hinako Note
ひなこのーと
Ahhhhh╰(*´︶`*)╯♡♡♡!! This anime is already on the top of my favorite Slice of Life anime. It's just soooooo cute! ♡ Y'all know i'm all about the SoL anime, so when I saw this one on Crunchyroll I was 100% ready lmao. If you're looking for aesthetically pleasing animation with a bunch of cute characters and simple but funny jokes, then you've hit the jackpot with this anime right here. It revolves around a country girl called Hina who isn't really good at interacting with people, so she goes on a quest in an attempt to make some friends in tokyo and become more confident. It's your usual slice of life anime, but this one has a lot of similarities to old school Slice of Life shows like Lucky Star, Seitokai no Ichizon and Suzumiya Haruhi. I already love Kuina, who is pretty much a clone of Konota Izumi (Lucky Star), but so freaking adorable! Hina reminds me a little of Mashiro from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanajo as well. As with most SoL anime, this one doesn't focus too much on the plot, so if that's something you prioritize then I wouldn't recommend this, however, if you're fine with watching some adorable girls go about their daily lives then this is definitely one for you! 

Image result
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
ロクでなし魔術講師と禁忌教典
Okay, so this is one of the most recent anime I've started to watch, and holy smokes is it good! To tell the truth, I only bothered to watch it because of it's high rank on MyAnimeList for the spring season. If you take away SNK (a sequel), Buko no Hero (another sequel), and Boruto (pretty much a sequel to Naruto), all of which are heavily hyped up by fans right now, you get this original anime at first place. And after watching the second episode I can understand why! I love anime that has a magical school setting anyway, but I think the characters are what really makes this show for me. The main character Glen is already one of my favorites. I just love how smart he is! At the start you'll definitely think that he's incompetent but he really proves himself, and tbh I knew he would, he seemed like that type of character who later turns out to be very OP lol. The main girls are cute as well, they kind of remind me of Rem and Ram or Chizuru and Mafuyu. They haven't really shown much of the plot yet, but I can already tell that this is going to be the anime this season that doesn't disappoint. 

Image result
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2
進撃の巨人 Season 2
You all knew this one was coming. What is there to say? It's the long awaited second season to the most popular anime of the decade. We've waited 4 years for this. The manga's storyline is 4 years ahead of this anime. The opening is FIYAAHH. Ape titans about to fuck shit up. I've been waiting to see these scenes animated for eternity. The hype is real. It's gonna be lit. Don't question it. Seriously, Just watch it!

imageimageimage

And that's it! I hope you all enjoyed reading this post. Hopefully you've discovered some new anime that you may want to check out now. Honestly, I'm not really into watching shows weekly, because the suspense is killer. I prefer to just wait until it's finished so I can binge watch it haha~ Other anime from this season that I plan on watching but haven't started yet are Sakura Quest, Eromanga sensei, Alice to Zouroku, Natsume Yuujinchou Roku, and Sakurada Reset! Since easter break is pretty much over now, I don't know when I'll get around to watching these anime (let alone the ones I'm already currently watching!), but I'll try to watch them all since they all look so good! 

Is there any anime from this season that you're currently watching / going to watch? 
Let me know down below in the comments section! 

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)