Latest Stories

my first (+ long overdue) glossier purchase! ✨

hey hi hello guys, how have you all been? i've been doing alright lol. since i'm on break from uni and my my work schedule hasn't been too hectic, i have a lot of free time to chill out and pamper myself a little! 


I've heard a shit ton of stuff about the glossier brand, watched a bunch of grwm's featuring the products, and read a stupid amount of reviews on the whole purchasing experience. Why did I bother? because let's be honest, if you're gonna spend your hard earned coin on expensive brands, you gotta make sure what you're purchasing is worth it right? I decided to play it safe and get the most popular products to see if the hype is worth it lol

Purchase and Delivery  
Everything came up to £73 total, but by saving via ordering the sets rather than individually, and with a friend code, I saved enough to bring the total down to £58. I placed my order on the 12th feb, and it arrived on the 15th, which I think is pretty amazing considering how long I usually wait for most of my delivers to come in. I was a little annoyed though because not long after I received my order, glossier revealed their new range 'glossier play'??? Everything looks so exciting so I'm definitely going to place another order soon. 


Products
So the first thing I tried was the overly hyped Milky Jelly Cleanser in the larger size (£15). This product is the sole reason this post is coming so late since I wanted to try out this product for longer than a month to see if it actually shows results. Now I'm gonna be honest, I was not impressed when I first swatched it. The main reason being the scent. They say it contains rosewater which helps the product smell great, but honestly all I could smell was a very strong chemical scent. It also doesn't remove makeup well, but this isn't a huge issue for me since I use this as the second step of my double cleanse. It is light weight despite the gel consistency. Did it show any results? Honestly no, but it's refreshing at least, if you ignore the scent. I would say it works well as a quick morning face wash.
Rating: ❤❤❤/ 5

Next up is a product I only bought because I kept seeing adverts for it on youtube all the time. It's Boy Brow (£14), another overhyped product! Funnily enough, once I bought the product, I stopped seeing the ads lol. I got it in the shade Brown which I'm kinda ??? about? My natural hair colour is black, but many people recommended brown so I went with it hah. It looks BOMB when I do 'no makeup' makeup looks where I don't do much with my brows since they're quite nicely shaped anyway, but if i'm doing a full face with defined and shaped brows, black would be a better colour I think. If the price is too steep for you, I recommend the Tinted Brow Mascara by Nyx (£6) since they do the same thing. 
Rating: ❤❤❤❤ / 5 

Continuing with the eye products, I bought the Lash Slick Mascara (£14). I didn't see a lot of reviews on this compared to the first two but I thought I would give it a go anyway. Honestly I'm so so glad I did because this has now become my go to mascara! I have quite thin but long lashes that grow quickly (and fall out just as fast rip), and struggle to find a mascara that enhances the lashes without making them clumpy and spider-like. This product does all of that while giving them more volume but somehow also manages to keep the makeup looking natural? it's kinda mad still lmao. It also lasts the whole day?! I'm shook. The Milky Jelly Cleanser can't remove this, but an oil cleanser can.
Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤ / 5

Now onto the last two products, the Cloud Paint blush things (£15) in the shades Storm and Haze. I'll put it out there now that I'm not a blush person at ALL because they always managed to make me look a hot mess but somehow this product blends effortlessly into my foundation to create the cutest tint and gives my face some life! They're also very build-able so you can use them for any kind of look. I'm still a little worried to try out the lighter shades but for now, I'm really satisfied with these two shades. I find myself using Storm more than Haze since the latter is just that bit more brighter and doesn't work with my skin undertone. I think If I repurchase this, I'll give Dusk a try. 
Rating:  ❤❤❤❤ / 5

And that's all she wrote! Thank you if you've gotten this far! I'm kinda disappointed that the only skincare product I bought didn't impress me in the slightest, but the makeup products made up for it. Would I buy from glossier again? Of course, but I want to try out the new Glossier Play stuff so I'll probably wont repurchase these products until I run out of them. Also if you saw me tease this post on my instagram story like two weeks ago, thank you for waiting so long for me to actually write the damn post lmao. I'll be back with more posts soon! 

Until then, 

Minae 


Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)